Thursday 22 December 2011

Big Hair and Dry Shampoo

Come summer time, I love me some big hair. This goes hand in hand with teasing the crap out of my roots and big soft curls. 
As promised and predicted, now that I'm a few tones lighter my Big Shampoo has made a come back to the front edge of my reach-for shower line up . It definitely is a cuter look for blondes with beachy curls and a spritz of glossy spray to make your locks sparkle. 
But I also love big hair on brunettes.
muliloaboutthings.blogspot.com
90's Nostalgia
Didn't we all want to live in a loft apartment, have off the shoulder rope jumpers and not to mention... rope curls with some mahogany shade of Napro Live colour?  Anne Hathaway's look in 'Love and Other Drugs' would've been my dream come true as an adolescent growing up in the early 1990's.  If only she had Mariah Carey's 'Vision of Love' blasting on her walkman ...
I wouldn't say no to Jake Gyllanhaal either.
 1960's vibe
Adele's classic curls. Beautiful.  I love her makeup here also.
billboard.com
Products
Dry shampoo I recommend for blondes. This stuff seriously keeps your hair volumized and fresh for an extra day before you wash it. De Lorenzo's Et Absorb with rosehip and rice extract. Purchase at most hair supply mall shops.  Smell:  bearable, like hair spray.
Dry shampoo I recommend for brunettes. Fudge's Dry Shampoo. 
Smell : Unfortunately like Thai stir fry due to the coconut fragrance disguising the various alcohols, which is a pity as Fudge products are known for their incredible edible smells. Warning: douse hair in perfume to smother stench. Otherwise, a usable product.
Lush Big Shampoo. (Sorry, couldn't resist). This is a big old pile of rock salt you wash out.  
A seaweed infusion to soften and fresh lime juice for shine. Great for volume and massaged into my roots. 
An honourable mention...
I love this wooden handled teasing comb to throw in my handbag. Purchase at any pharmacy.








My next possible hair beauty purchase... a 1 - 1 1/2 inch barrel curling tong. 
Any thoughts, recommendations or suggestions?


Budgie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment